MONIMOTO SMART MOTORCYCLE ALARM AND TRACKER – MM7
Motorcycle theft is on the rise. In London for example, nearly 20,000 motorcycles are stolen every year. Sadly, this trend is not just a local phenomenon and theft figures seem to be increasing globally. If like us, you’d be absolutely heartbroken to see your pride and joy taken from you, the clever clogs at Monimoto have come up with a nifty device that’ll provide you with a little more peace of mind.
Monimoto is a smart, silent alarm that notifies you through calling and texting your smartphone if your vehicle moves without the Monimoto Key being near the bike. It then tracks your vehicle’s location and sends this through to you at regular intervals.
The device is extremely simple to set up, install and use. The Monimoto app (available for iPhone and Android) guides you through the short set-up process and links the Monimoto Key to the actual device. You’re then ready to install the alarm on your motorcycle (or other vehicle) which couldn’t be easier since there’s no wiring involved. Just find a hidden spot on your bike and cable tie the unit in place. This method of installation has many perks over other motorcycle alarm systems: First of all, it’s dead simple. No need to tap into your bike’s wiring loom or connect anything to the battery, the unit is self-powered with two included batteries that should last over a year on a full charge. Secondly, since the device is self-powered, it won’t shut off when the thieves disconnect the bike’s battery and will keep transmitting its location to your phone.
When Monimoto detects movement, it searches for its key fob. If a paired key isn’t found within a 10-meter radius, the alarm is triggered and an alarm call will be prompted. If a key is found (because it’s in your jacket and you want to ride your bike) Monimoto remains in sleep mode and will do nothing.
We tested this device extensively at Urban Rider and are very impressed. The Monimoto notifies you as soon as someone even slightly nudges your bike (set to sensitive, there’s three sensitivity settings in the app) and won’t give up until you get the message. It will call you twice and then text you after which you start getting sent through the bikes location periodically using GPS and cellular technology. I let one of my colleagues “steal” one of my bikes and was amazed by how precise the location notifications were. The device managed to pinpoint the location of my bike to within a few feet.
Monimoto communicates to your phone using LTE-M (LTE Cat-M1) and 2G networks using an embedded eSIM card with now works in both Europe and the USA. You get 2 months free subscription, after which you’ll pay £32.40 a year for your roaming subscription. This transaction is made via the Monimoto app and compared to similar devices and services Monimoto offers one of the cheapest subscriptions.
Combine this alarm with a decent lock and you’ll be able to sleep soundly knowing the Monimoto is standing guard.
Silent alarm and tracker system
- Calls you and sends location when unauthorised movement of your vehicle is detected
- Goes in “Safe” mode when Monimoto key fob is detected near the bike
- Self-powered: up to 12 months expected battery life (Monimoto x2 Lithium AA 1.5v Batteries)
- Key Fob x1 CR2450 Battery)
- No need to wire it onto the bike
- IP65 water and dust resistant
- Swiss made GPS and Cellular tracking modules – LTE-M (LTE Cat-M1 or Long Term Evolution 4G) and 2G networks
- Dimensions: 94mmx61mmx19mm
- Monimoto 7 is compatible with: iOs 9.3 and Android 5.0. Monimoto does not work with Android 6.0.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x Monimoto 7 Device (94x61x19mm)
- 1 x Monimoto Key Fob (41x10mm)
- 2 x Releasable zip ties
- 2 x Litium AA 1.5v batteries for Monimoto 7 Device
- 1 x CR2450 battery for Monimoto key fob
- 1 x Integrated international E-SIM card
What does the Monimoto App do?
- Helps you set up your device
- Checks key fob and main unit battery level and alerts when low
- Adjusts your motion sensor sensitivity
- Events log including location alerts
How does the subscription work?
- 2 months free subscription
- Only £32.40 ($49) a year afterwards
- Pay through Monimoto app
Where can I use Monimoto?
Supported countries: United Kingdom, Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, USA.
Live draw Thursday 2nd February at 9.15pm.
- Maximum 230 tickets
- Maximum 25 entries per user
- One lucky winner will be winning this on Thursday 2nd February regardless of how many tickets are sold
- Live Draw 2nd February at 9.15pm on our Facebook Page
- Free nationwide UK mainland delivery to the winner
RUNNER UP – The runner up will win 1000 Ignite Points worth £10 to spend on future tickets.